Located west of the Manufacturer's Building (where the Better Living Centre now sits), the Shriners' Peace Memorial was designed by Charles Keck and consists of a bronze monument set on a circular stone base.
A winged figure, the Goddess of Peace, stands with her arms upraised and holds aloft two olive branches.
The figure is elevated on a globe of the world, which is supported by two sphinxes and marked by a commemorative plaque.
The monument is ringed by a fountain that was added in 1958.
The Shriners' Peace Memorial was dedicated in June 1930 during a convention of the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine (Shriners) to commemorate nearly a century of peaceful relations between Canada and the United States.
The monument is located on the site where American troops landed during the War of 1812.
As a work of art, the Shriners' Peace Memorial adds a distinctive touch to the southern edge of the CNE grounds while also complimenting the architectural design of CNE buildings in the immediate vicinity.
Source: Toronto Historical Board, "Property Summary Research," 1992.